The Clinician's Workshop is a "train-the-trainer" program designed to teach recreation directors and youth sports administrators the fundamentals of conducting the Rutgers SPORT Program — Supportive Parents On The Right Track.
The Rutgers SPORT Program addresses the following issues:
- The Role of Winning in Youth Sports
- Effective Communication
- Setting a Good Example
- Supportive vs. Pushy Parenting
The Clinician's Workshop is specifically designed for adult learners and will cover:
- Administration/Teaching Tools & Techniques
- The Rutgers SPORT Program Lesson Plans
Following attendance at the Clinician's Workshop, instructor candidates must pass a take-home exam (minimum passing score of 90%) to become eligible to teach the program. Thereafter, Clinicians must teach the clinic at least once/year to retain their certification.
Individuals attending the Clinician's Workshop receive:
- The Rutgers SPORT Program on Powerpoint
- Instructor's Manual
- Sports and Your Child - 64 page guidebook
- Clinician's Shirt - mailed following successful completion of exam